In commercial real estate agency today the demands on your time will be high and variable. Each working day there will be many issues to consider and progress as part of your personal business plan. That being said, it is quite necessary to pick and choose the right things that will help you build your real estate business as an agent, including quality listings, and top clients.
An agent without a plan is an agent that is beginning to fail. In our industry, we are the sources of our abundance in listings and commissions. No one else can do that for us.
Personal commitment on a daily basis with a solid plan of action and focus is the only way to build your market share towards that of a top agent. Time and task management are key factors to building your own results in the industry.
In an ideal world, you should strive to achieve growth in each of the following sectors:
- Quality clients
- Top quality properties
- Growth of exclusive listings
- Database consolidation
- Referral business
- Specialise services across sales leasing and property management
The best way to approach the matter is to have a basic plan that you can implement each day. At least 1/2 of your day should be under your personal control; don’t let others change your plans without a very good reason.
Here are some ideas to help you improve your Blossoms Condo business opportunities through time management:
- Understand the most important things that should be done each and every day to help you grow your market share. Prospecting should be first on the list. On that basis, prospecting should occur for the first 2 or 3 hours every morning.
- After you have devoted the time to prospecting for fresh new people and clients, some more time should be spent on maintaining contact with current clients and prospects. On average it takes two or three approaches to the one or prospect before you will get a meeting. They need to trust you before a meeting can be generated. They need to understand your relevance.
- Property inspections, client meetings, and negotiations are best left to the period of time after your prospecting activities. That would normally be around the middle of the day and into the afternoon.
- The paperwork that comes with the job can occur at the end of the day when all the essential tasks have been done. Don’t let the paperwork in your job interfere with your prospecting or deal activity.
So these are some very simple rules that can have a major impact on your ability to drive better market share and new opportunity. They do require specific focus and directed location. I go back to the point that you are the source of your abundance in this industry. Make the right choices, and take the right actions