The use of morning after pill has both advantages and disadvantages associated with it. Here are a few pros and cons you need to be aware of:
1. It can be your last resort to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
2. If you are 17 years of age or over, you don’t need a prescription to buy morning after pills. You can have it soon after having an unprotected sex.
3. By consuming these pills, you can avoid unnecessary stress and tension about an unwanted pregnancy.
4. Even if the pills fail to prevent pregnancy, they will not cause any harm to the baby.
5. These pills won’t affect your chances of getting pregnant in the future. Your fertility remains the same and returns with your next period.
6. Studies have shown that morning after pills effectively lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
1. They can cause certain side effects. Some common cytotec bolivia morning after pills side effects are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, irregular bleeding and breast tenderness.
2. Morning after pills can also cause some serious side effects such as liver disorders, gallbladder disease, high blood pressure and blood clots in the heart, intestines and lungs.
3. They can cause serious health complications in women suffering from diabetes, heart diseases and migraine.
4. They can also have adverse effects in women, who are over 35 years of age and have cardiovascular disorders, deep vein thrombosis, liver problems and breast cancer.
5. The use of morning after pill raises the risk of an ectopic pregnancy. In such a pregnancy, the embryo gets lodged in the fallopian tubes rather than the womb. If you are using morning after pills, the pregnancy can remain undetected. This is because the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy are similar to the side effects of the pills: nausea and abdominal pain. If remain undetected for a long time, it can prove to be fatal.
6. Other than these side effects, the body may have an allergic reaction to the drug, causing an outbreak of rash and breathing problems.
7. Apart from physical side effects to the body, the emergency contraceptive pills can also have a wider social impact. The easy over-the-counter access to the emergency contraceptive pill raises questions about its misuse. Many people are of the view that it may lead to an increase in promiscuity, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and increased sexual violence against women.